Tuesday, July 21, 2015

REVIEW BY MISSY BY ALY MARTINEZ



Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)Fighting Shadows by Aly Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was gifted this book for an honest review. I was at a disadvantage not reading book one in this series. I WILL be one clicking Fighting Silence. I NEED to read Till's story and how Flint ended up at the start of Fighting Shadows! This is the first book I've read by Aly Martinez, I can assure you, it WON'T be the last!!! I was so engrossed in Flint and Ash's story, that I read this in one sitting!! Fighting Solitude (Quarry's story) looks to be a devastating read that I EAGERLY AWAIT!!

Flint takes a bullet for the woman he thought he loved. His paralysis caused her and his brother to care for him. Anger and resentment caused him to set out on his own. Busying himself with school work kept him secluded until his mother tries to take custody of his youngest brother. Picking Quarry up for his weekend visit, Ash decides to tag along.

Ash has never had anyone to depend on. Even though she felt guilty, stealing was the only way she knew to survive. One simply action changed her feelings towards Flint. Knowing he would never be able to reciprocate those same feelings, she started to close herself off. Once Flint became aware of her age, Ash left without a trace. "Emotions didn't pay the bills," but Ash survived for the next three years until she was finally found.
How much change happens with three years of separation? Will the planning and apologies be enough, or will Ash choose to run again?

Missy - reviewer for Mommy's Naughty Playground

No comments:

Post a Comment